For episode two of “Cooking with the Charger,” newspaper adviser Brendan Praeger teams up with his son Logan to make French toast.
As always, be sure to wash your hands well before cooking.
4 slices of bread
1/4 cup half and half or milk
- Crack eggs into a relatively flat container, like a pie pan or small casserole dish. Two eggs will make about four slices, so feel free to increase the number.
- Add half and half or milk. Use about 1/4 cup for every two eggs.
- Whisk eggs until the batter is completely mixed.
- Add 1t vanilla. 1t of Amaretto or almond extract is good as well.
- Warn griddle or stove-top pan to medium heat. Use about 1/2T of butter to coat the cooking surface.
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the batter. Swirl it slightly, but don’t whisk it in. Let it float on top. Add more every few slices.
- Dip bread in batter. Flip to coat both sides and place on griddle or pan.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side. It should begin to turn a toasty brown color and should firm up as the egg cooks.
- Top with syrup, powdered sugar, fruit or anything else that sounds good
Do you want to share your cooking skills with the Charger? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video edited by Laurel Barber.