The USD 329 board of education met Monday night. The full meeting can be viewed on the USD 329 Youtube page.
• Mid East League game admissions will be increased to $5 with a $25 family cap for high school games. $3 with a $15 cap for junior high games next year.
• The board approved the non-school sponsored club “Rooted in Christ.” The club, started by freshman Payton Wurtz and junior Ally Garst, encourages young women to grow in their faith.
• The vacant high school Spanish position is advertised as a part-time position, but since there have been no applications, there is a plan for it to be made into a virtual class through Greenbush.
• The board approved the contribution of $12,000 to help the FCCLA students in their trip to the national convention. This will pay for 40 percent of the cost for the 24 students, the same percentage that they have contributed in previous years.
• The board briefly discussed the bond. Contractor Patrick Schutter of BHS construction has been working on potential plans and the board will revisit it at the next meeting.
• Superintendent Brad Starnes announced that although the district tries to avoid events on Wednesday nights because of conflicts with religious activities, the FFA banquet (May 11) and high school awards (May 4) night were unable to be scheduled on different days.
• The board accepted the resignations of Brandi Stanley – AES secretary, Jordan Dunn – HS cheer coach, Miriam Barton – HS cheer coach, Garrett Eck – assistant boys basketball coach, Jason Miller – state testing organizer, Joe Dee Tarbutton – JH basketball coach and Jan Hutley – HS principal.
Leave a Reply